Exam Results/Pupil Progress
At Oakfield School we work hard to prepare all of our pupils for their exams and help them to achieve their full potential.
Exam Analysis for GCSE’S
*Pupils achieving 5 or more GCSE’s decreased in 2019/20, this is due a more broad curriculum being offered (to meet the needs of all learners) which included ASDAN FOOWISE, Employability, NOCN and various college courses.
**1 Pupil was educated full time offsite at a therapeutic provision.
GCSE Breakdown – 2019/20
- 13/14 (92%) passed English GCSE (the pupil who didn’t is educated offsite full time). Same percentage as previous year which is joint highest we have ever had. Highest Grade was a ‘5’ (joint highest grade we have had in English). 4 pupils grades was upgraded from the initial teacher assessment.
- 13/14 (92%) passed Maths GCSE (the pupil who didn’t is educated offsite full time). Same percentage as previous year which is joint highest we have ever had. Highest grade was a ‘5’. Schools highest grade achieved by a pupil in Maths. 5 pupils grades was upgraded from the initial teacher assessment.
- 4/4 passed dual award Science GCSE. 3/4 pupils achieved a grade ‘4’. No change to teacher assessment
- 3/3 pupils passed Art and design GCSE (3D design). Highest grade was a ‘4’. New GCSE course so no comparative. No change to teacher assessment
- 1/1 pupils passed Art and Design GCSE (craft and design). Grade ‘3’. Highest grade we have had in Art. No change to teacher assessment
- 8/8 pupils passed Geography GCSE. Highest grade was a ‘4’ (2 pupils achieved this). Joint highest grade we had had in humanities. No change to teacher assessment
Functional Skills Breakdown:
- 8 pupils (57%) passed English Level 1
- 11 pupils (79%) passed Maths level 1. 1 pupil (7%) passed Maths Level 2.
- 3 pupils (21% )passed ICT Level 1
- 6/6 passed ELC science (4 pupils at entry level 3). This course if for pupils who are not GCSE capable.
- 9/9 passed PSE (the course is for main cohort of pupils educated full time in school)
- 4/4 passed ASDAN Employability (option subject run alongside 3D Design GCSE)
- 8/14 passed (57%) ELC PE
- 5 pupils passed NOCN Entry Level award in Independent Living. All pupils passed 4 units at Entry 2
- 3/3 passed ASDAN food wise
- Certificate in Hair and Beauty Level 1 pass- 1 pupil
- Certificate in sport Level 1 pass – 1 pupil
The most recent Key Stage 4 performance measures as published by the Secretary of State for the 2018 to 2019 academic year.
No comparison on 2020 results due to the changes how examinations were accredited.
For more information about the performance of Oakfield School, please visit the Department for Education website to view the national school performance tables.
DfE Comparison of Oakfield school with similar schools nationally