Oakfield School aims to provide every pupil with a unique and enriching experience to prepare them for the next stage of their academic learning journey.
Statement of Purpose: here
- to create a safe and secure learning environment in which high standards of behaviour and commitment are clearly expressed and realised;
- to create a culture of high expectations and success for pupils, providing a flexible curriculum that engages and motivates groups of pupils and individuals;
- to promote a sense of responsible citizenship in our pupils;
- to build a professional community of teaching and support staff within the school, developing leadership skills and teamwork;
- to build a capacity for future thinking, problem-solving and planning and distributive leadership;
- to establish collaborative working with other schools;
- to support and facilitate inter-agency work as part of a broader community approach to learning;
- to establish and/or maintain and develop positive working relationships with parents and carers for the benefit of the child.
In all these endeavours we will create a culture of pride in our school and raise its profile in the community and across the city. We will take opportunities to reward and celebrate our successes and will acknowledge and seek ways to rectify our mistakes.
At Oakfield School, we believe it is every pupil’s right to expect excellent teaching of an enriched and engaging curriculum, in a safe learning environment, which will enable them to reach their full potential so that they become prepared for adult life.
- We believe that education is about acquiring good personal and thinking skills, and developing communication and ICT skills; it is about becoming creative and reflective.
- We believe that education is also about developing self-confidence, maturing socially and emotionally and becoming independent, able to make sound lifestyle choices based on enquiry and reasoning.
- All our pupils will be treated fairly and with respect.
- We believe we should set challenging targets for both staff and pupils, building on strengths and striving for improvements.
- To promote high standards in lessons and behaviour, we will have effective systems for reviewing and developing our practice as part of our self-evaluation and quality assurance programme.