Equality & Diversity
Please click the link below to read/download the school’s Equality Policy & Objectives:
Oakfield School is committed to creating an environment which will promote equality of opportunity for all members of its community, including pupils, staff, parents/carers and others working in partnership.
Oakfield School recognises that there are similarities and differences between individuals and groups, however, we will strive to ensure that our differences do not become barriers to participation, access and learning and to create inclusive processes and practices, where the varying needs of individuals and groups are identified and met. The school, therefore, cannot achieve equality for all by treating everyone the same.
Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)
Oakfield School aims to meet its obligations under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Objective 1: To be inclusive providing equal opportunities for all pupils to access the curriculum with no barriers to learning.
- Objective 2: To educate all pupils whatever their beliefs, race, or religion for life in a diverse society and to treat everyone with respect.
- Objective 3: For everyone to examine their prejudices to prevent any form of unconscious discrimination.
- Objective 4: To foster good relations between groups through the inclusion of equality, diversity, and inclusion within the curriculum, including Hub/Tutor sessions and PSHE lessons.
- Objective 5: To increase staff and pupil knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- Objective 6: Work with professionals and outside agencies to deliver more effective and equal outcomes for staff and pupils.