Coronavirus Catch-up Premium
The followings settings are eligible:
- primary, secondary and all through local authority-maintained schools, academies and free schools
- local authority-maintained special schools
- special academies and free schools
- special schools not maintained by a local authority
- pupil referral units
- alternative provision (AP) academies and free schools
- local authority-maintained hospital schools and academies
- independent special schools
We will provide funding to local authorities for pupils with education, health and care (EHC) plans who are educated in independent special schools based on the number of such pupils in their area.
School allocations will be calculated on a per pupil basis. Allocated funding is: £19,200 for 2020/2021 academic year. The school has received its first allocation of funding and has used it to provide all pupils with a laptop in order to work from home.
Mainstream school will get £80 for each pupil in from reception to year 11 inclusive.
Special, AP and hospital schools will get £240 for each place for the 2020 to 2021 academic year.
Schools will get funding in 3 tranches.
- Autumn 2020 – this is based on the latest available data on pupils in mainstream schools and high needs place numbers in special, AP, hospital schools and special schools not maintained by a local authority.
- Early 2021 – based on updated pupil and place data. This payment will also take account of the initial part payment made in autumn 2020 so that schools will receive a total of £46.67 per pupil or £140 per place across the first 2 payment rounds.
- Summer 2021 term – a further £33.33 per pupil or £100 per place.